Procedure for recruitment
The fees for full time courses are as follows:
SADC students Rs. 45,000/year, non SADC students Rs. 80,000/ year.
(1) Documents to be produced at the ‘Université des Mascareignes’ for verification of eligibility
1. The application form (which is available on our web site: www.udm.ac.mu) can be printed, filled in and sent by mail.
2. A copy of the HSC/BAC certificate or equivalent
3. A copy of birth certificate should scanned and sent by mail
(2) Documents to be produced at the ‘Université des Mascareignes’ for procedures for student visa (1 year)
1. The application form for entry in Mauritius duly filled and signed by the student (available on the web site of the Passport and Immigration office in Mauritius).
2. A copy of the student’s birth certificate.
3. Two recent passport sized photos of the student
4. A copy of Identity card of student
5. A copy of bio-data page of student passport (the passport should be valid beyond the period of stay in Mauritius).
6. The acceptance letter signed by the student for the course offered (specifying details of the course).
7. Accommodation details in Mauritius(residential address, name and phone number of landlord in case of rented building )
8. Documentary evidence of availability of fund-A certified copy of bank statement (of the student if payment will be effected by him or that of the guardian who will be responsible for the student) .The amount should be indicated in USD/EURO/Mauritian Rupee. Name, relationship with student, address and contact number of sponsor should be specified.
9. A testimonial from the parents or guardian certifying who will be responsible for payment of the registration fees specifying the name, relationship with student, address, contact number and e-mail address of the guardian.
10. A copy of the letter of offer by the University.
11. A medical certificate certifying that the student does not suffer from any contagious or infectious disease (to be submitted within one month as from date of arrival of student)
- Documents at (No 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8,9) mentioned in blue should be sent in original by post on the following address :
Head of International Affairs and Student Support, Université des Mascareignes, Avenue de la Concorde, Camp Levieux, Rose Hill, Ile Maurice.
- Once all required documents are received, processing of the visa takes about 1 month.
Approximate cost of Living in Mauritius
An estimate of monthly living expenses is provided, accommodation is around Rs3000-Rs5000, food Rs3000 and a free bus pass is provided to attend university.